Our commercial driver courses at CROSSROADS Truck Training Academy Barrie are registered under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. Students have the opportunity to apply for a variety of funding options, depending upon their circumstances.
Second Career Assistance for those on Employment Insurance
You May Qualify
- If you’ve been laid off, collected employment insurance and wish a positive change in your career, you may be eligible for funding through a Second Careers Program offered by Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development
- Assistance up to $28,000 for tuition, books, transportation and more.
- Younger applicants may also qualify for a grant through the Skills Link Program
Crossroads staff can assist you through the maze of qualifications.Ask us for more details on Second Career
First Nations and Metis Status Funding
- First Nations and Metis status individuals funding is available. Contact your band office and or Metis Nations of Ontario
Active in Canadian Forces
- Contact CFMWS
Foreign Workers Training Program
- Coming Soon
- Contact Us for recommendations on companies that offer financing options for our courses to qualified applicants.
Are you 55-64 year old and unemployed?
- Employment help for older workers program.
- Qualification information at The Target Initiative for Older Workers
Persons with Physical Disabilities
- Persons with physical disabilities can find funding information through the Ontario March of Dimes employment services program.
Emigrant to Canada
- Emigrant to Canada, Contact The Maytree Foundation
If you are paying for your course out of your own funds, or if you are not eligible for any grants or government funding, here are a few payment options:
- Most major banks offer a Student Line of Credit to qualified individuals
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) funds
- Registered Education Saving Plan (RESP) funds
- Life Insurance – you can borrow against the cash value
- Major Credit cards
- Your relatives and friends might be approached to assist you